Saturday, October 19, 2024

Very very rarely short a stock or the market

https://x.com/adamkhootrader/status/1760935336220434927 (Adam Khoo) This is the reason I very very rarely short a stock or the market, even though I think a correction is coming or if I think a stock is overvalued and full of crap. "I'm constantly fighting my bearishness about the world. One of the great hedge fund managers of all rime, Bob Wilson, greatest short seller ever, said he made 90% of his money on the long side, the math just works against you. If you're perfect on a short, you can double your money. But if you're wrong on a short, you can lose 10 times your money. If you're dead wrong on a long, you lose your money. But if you're right, you can make 10 times your money. It's a mathematical inverse of that with shorting. You don't have to be a rocket scientist. I know, therefore, that if you have a bearish bias, you have to be very aware of it. You have to work around it. And I always have." - Stanley Druckenmiller



No comments:

Very very rarely short a stock or the market

https://x.com/adamkhootrader/status/1760935336220434927 (Adam Khoo) This is the reason I very very rarely short a stock or the market, even...